Thursday, August 12, 2010

oiseau

Noemi and I planned out a bunch of things to do our last week here. I'm proud to say we've accomplished pretty much all of them (plus some things we never thought we'd do...)

Attend church in French/sing hymns in French for the last time.

Take the Grand Rond walking tour (which included the Grand Rond garden, Jardin Royal, and Jardin des Plantes).

Buy cigarettes for Madame S (her maid/helper lady forgot to get them for her the day before, so what do you know, I bought cigarettes...and it was charitable? oddest feeling ever).

Hand out candy to homeless people (Mme S gave us bonbon as a thank you for the above act, so I handed it out to every homeless person I saw, hahaha).

Go to couscous restaurant with Madame P for her birthday (handmade couscous...yum yum yum).

See the modern art museum Les Abbattoirs (very cool, but very disturbing).

Spend 30 euro on chocolate (and now my suitcase is 2.5 kilos heavier-not an exaggeration).

Go to the soirée familiale for the young adults for the last time.

Eat one last crêpe at Le Sherpa.

Have one last papillote at La Papilloterie.

Tonight we shall get ice cream one last time near Place Wilson.

And then tomorrow morning at 4:30 A.M. I'll be taxing my way to the airport.

1 comment: