Sunday, August 8, 2010

this is the story of a girl

Sorry for the extraordinary number of posts today! I just know that it’s my last Sunday, and I probably won’t have this much time to blog the rest of my time here.

This is a shout out to Noemi, my partner in crime for the past month and a half in Toulouse. I’ve said it before, but seriously, she has been such a lifesaver. I feel so lucky for having her here interning too. I feel like this experience has been so much richer because Noemi is Spanish. I've had the chance to learn more about Spanish culture and European culture in general instead of just France. She manages to be gorgeous and uber classy without being high maintenance (she changed the socks of a nearly blind and deaf elderly woman who stepped in her own pee. while i was wanting to cry in the corner, there she was, with gloves on her hand she found in a closet, pulling off those wet socks). We have a similar tendency to be a little crazy...and sing silly songs when we're walking around...and give ridiculous nicknames to the people we meet. Needless to say, we've become really good friends.

So thanks, Noemi, for all of the good times and all of your help!
It's been a blast!




Boys, did I mention she's beautiful? And single? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Noemi for saving Katie this summer...You guys have had some bizarro adventures!

    ReplyDelete