Friday, July 30, 2010

tolosa


Little by little, maybe I've grown quite fond of this city.
I feel like I'm finally starting to really know my way around all of the little cobblestone streets, metro stations, and outer neighborhoods.
I also feel like I'm only just beginning to be able to really communicate with people.
(Dear Every Single French Teacher I've Ever Had,
Why did no one mention French is a private club for members?*)

In exactly two weeks I say au revoir to the land of  chocolate macarons and papillotes and crepes and emmental cheese and hello to the land of air conditioning.

Photo from a little side road off of Rue du Taur, near Le Sherpa-aka best creperie in Toulouse

*Membership dues include living in France/other Francophone country for at least 6 months. I just don't feel like there's any other way to become fluent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment